Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Car Problems.. dont know where to start?

02 Dodge intrepid 2.7L





Ok so I've had recent problems with my erg valve because it was staying open instead of opening only on load.. so i changed the whole egr valve.. and that didnt do anything... so next i tried changing the engine computer... and still nothing



when electrical plug to the egr valve is in... the engine starts to shake.. and doesnt run smoothly... and i have no idea how to fix it...



also 2 of my cylinders dont seem to be working at all times... so instead of running on 6.. it runs on 4... but i know the cylinders work.. it tested them.. by switching them with others.. they work.. so do the spark plugs.... I dono what to do at this point... I know its an electrical problem... but i have no idea what now... the check engine light is on.. therefore i cant pass the emmisions test... gahhhh



anyone have any ideas on this?Car Problems.. dont know where to start?
Throttle control position sensor, check to see if your car has that?Car Problems.. dont know where to start?
The check engine light being on doesn't necessarily mean you wont pass emissions. My check engine light is always on, because you had to turn it off through my factory installed cd player, and I had it replaced. You have to turn it off somewhere under the hood(which I dont know how to do), but anyways, I still pass inspection even with it on, because I do not actually have an emisisons problem.

With the jerking thing, that happened to me too. an dit was my transmission! Hopefully its not that. Myabe those type of laws on emission vary drastically from state to state then.Car Problems.. dont know where to start?
it could be bad fuel fuel injectors. they will make the engine run like that. sometimes they will work and sometimes they wont and other times the car will idle fine but run like crap once you hit the gas.Car Problems.. dont know where to start?
Here's an idea. Why not save yourself a lot of guesswork and expense and just have the engine analyzed on a diagnostic scope? Average diagnostic fees are about $85 but it will save you a whole lot of aggravation and the expense of changing parts to locate the problem by trial and error.

No comments:

Post a Comment