Saturday, November 20, 2010

Is it hard to change the EGR Valve in a 1999 Ford Taurus DOHC?

I already had the DPFE Sensor changed and the Service Engine Soon Light is still on. So I had them run the code again and it still says it's my EGR Valve so I was going to change it myself (well my fiancee and dad). The DPFE sensor was impossible to get to they had to remove my whole engine to do it I was hoping this would be a nice easy job we could do at home? How do you do it?Is it hard to change the EGR Valve in a 1999 Ford Taurus DOHC?
This is a very simple job. You do NOT have to remove the engine! You don't even have to buy a new part. Just remove the valve and clean it with Gum-out or butyl cellosolve. Use a power brush, if you have to. Then, re-install it. Follow the DPFE sensor back a litlle way where the vacuum goes. That is your EGR valve. While you are at it, clean your idle air control valve, throttle plate and throttle body. Your power and fuel mileage will go up. Good luck!!!Is it hard to change the EGR Valve in a 1999 Ford Taurus DOHC?
No its actually pretty easy.Is it hard to change the EGR Valve in a 1999 Ford Taurus DOHC?
just clean it

no need to replace it



itll save you a hundred or two

No comments:

Post a Comment