Wednesday, November 24, 2010

How do I change a DPFE sensor in a 2000 Ford Taurus?

Had my car scanned at Auto Zone and they said that either need to clean out the EGR valve (carbon may be blocking) or replace it. The car is running fine, just have an engine light. After I posted this problem on Yahoo Answers, several people have told me that it may actually be the DPFE sensor. I need to know how to change this sensor. This may not be related, but I also got a error code for secondary fuel pump circuit.How do I change a DPFE sensor in a 2000 Ford Taurus?
im not sure what engine you have. My 94 T Bird had the same problem. The DPFE sensor was on the very back of the engine behind and below the throttle body(a real pain to get to without moving the engine around). The Tbird I had was with the 4.6L V8. I wound up taking it in and getting it fixed. it cost me around $400.00. I would recommend you take yours in too.How do I change a DPFE sensor in a 2000 Ford Taurus?
Change your car dude. Its about time.How do I change a DPFE sensor in a 2000 Ford Taurus?
Ford sent me a %26quot;no charge warranty extension program number 02M01%26quot; which covers the Tube Mounted EGR Sensor (part number 9J460) for an additional two years or 24,000 miles whichever occurs first. That would be after your 5 year, 60,000 mile emissions warranty expires. The Ford dealer is authorized to replace it at no charge to you. If you already paid to have it replaced, you can submit the bill to your Ford dealer. For questions, call 800-392-3673 (EST 8am-11pm, M-F and Saturday 8am-6pm).

I was able to easily replace the sensor myself using their new part number 4U7Z-9J460-AA (Cost: $30.07). It has two hose ports and one 3 pin electrical connector with a release tab that is levered upwards to pull the connector and cable out. Look back of the engine by the EGR valve at the firewall.

No comments:

Post a Comment