Wednesday, November 24, 2010

My suburban has a running rough issue!?

1992 chevy suburban 5.7 4x4.. k1500 automatic trans.

My suv runs rough on the freeways for some reason. When it's cold it runs great, lots of power and no issues. After it warms up and I am cruising on the freeway it starts cutting out and acts like a misfire. When I punch the throttle it smooths out and has power again.



It also occasionally stalls out when shifting from park to forward or reverse, and it only happens when the motor is warmed up.



My first thoughts are fuel filter and egr system. I am gonna change the filter anyway but i would like to know how to test the egr valve and the egr solenoid to see if they are both functioning ok.My suburban has a running rough issue!?
What kind of fuel delivery system do you have ? Do you have a throttle body , fuel ejection ? carb ? do not have car to look at. worst case take to shop let them find the problem and you repair !My suburban has a running rough issue!?
typically, running rough after warm up would point to a vacuum leak regardless of your specific fuel delivery system.

No comments:

Post a Comment