Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Where is the purge valve on my 95 Ford Ranger 4cyl, 5speed?

I get code 1443 on my engine that says purge valve although I am told it could be an EGR on my older truck. How hard is this to change?Where is the purge valve on my 95 Ford Ranger 4cyl, 5speed?
if you have the EGR type , it will be a coffe can looking thing under the hood by the right headlight area. very easy to change , just disconnect the hoses on top and should be two screws on the bottom of it mounting it to the truck. purge valve type is mounted on the intake manifold. also easy to change.Where is the purge valve on my 95 Ford Ranger 4cyl, 5speed?
it probably has something to do with the evap gas return system, clean itWhere is the purge valve on my 95 Ford Ranger 4cyl, 5speed?
the purge valve is about as big as a cigarette lighter and will be on either fender panels, not sure which side if you know where the vapor canister is then follow the vacuum hose from it and you will find the valve, it has a line in and a line out make sure you point it in the right direction

No comments:

Post a Comment