Wednesday, November 24, 2010

I have a 96 Saturn SL1 and I keep hearing a pinging noise that I would like to know how to get rid of.?

I already did an oil change, and my mechanic told me that it's probably my egr valve. Does anyone have any alternatives to this, or know a cheaper way to fix this problem? My car makes the pinging noise around 2500 rpms while accelerating.I have a 96 Saturn SL1 and I keep hearing a pinging noise that I would like to know how to get rid of.?
The answer is not changing your fuel. If they diagnosed you vehicle with the need for an EGR valve, I recommend a EGR Valve. However, If you remove the EGR valve and clean the carbon from it it may cure the concern temporairly.



I say you car could probably use a complete tune up also...



Spark Plugs

Wires

PCV Valve



These things will help some also.



Good LuckI have a 96 Saturn SL1 and I keep hearing a pinging noise that I would like to know how to get rid of.?
i bet it is improper grade of fuel, try a lower octane



check your owners manual for proper grade to be using



if that doesnt work then have the ignition timing checked, could be a bad crank sensor in which is one sensor that helps control timingI have a 96 Saturn SL1 and I keep hearing a pinging noise that I would like to know how to get rid of.?
fuel quality, try a HIGHER octane . i would change mechanics while i was at it tooI have a 96 Saturn SL1 and I keep hearing a pinging noise that I would like to know how to get rid of.?
You more than likely burn some oil. The oil that gets up into your combustion chambers leaves carbon deposits on the heads and piston tops. This carbon gets hot and pre-ignites your fuel charge, and causes the pinging you describe. There may be a fuel additive that you can add to clean out your engine, but most of those don't work very well. You can get by for now by using a higher octane gas, but it won't fix the problem. You're probably looking at an engine rebuild eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment