Wednesday, November 24, 2010

I have a question about my car?

what all can a vacuum leak cause?my car,sometimes will hessitate from starting out from a stop light.i changed the gas filter and the fuel pump is good.i seem to have a small vacuum leak,where my egr valve bolts down.i got both gaskets,1 on where the plate bolts down on the intake and the other 1,where the egr valve bolts to it.are they very hard to change?i had to order them from auto zone and ill get them tomarrow,but all needed to know how hard it was to change both gaskets?thanks guys.I have a question about my car?
very easy to change...just make sure you squirt the bolts down with a penetrating oil about an hour before you are going to do this...It will help free up the bolts for removal. Vacuum leaks can cause rough idle poor gas mileage and hesitationI have a question about my car?
What kind of car? Many only have 2 bolts and are very easy to change. Be sure to clean the mating surface well before installing the new one.



If there is a hole in the EGR, that could be causing a vacuum leak. I would have to see it.I have a question about my car?
Vacuum leaks can range from very minor, almost unnoticeable, to severe that can cause extreme lean conditions and burn valves, pistons, etc...



The answer to the EGR question depends - what vehicle/engine are we talking about??I have a question about my car?
Not sure how to change them, but the nature of EGR is to recirculate exhaust gasses, that dont burn btw. if you have a vaccuum leak there, it should keep the valve closed, either way, if you suspect that system, it will cause the symptoms your describeI have a question about my car?
A scanner attached to your OBD-II connector under your steering wheel will tell the technician whether your long and short term fuel trim are normal. If not, you could have a vacuum leak which causes a lean air fuel mixture condition and hesitation when accelerating.I have a question about my car?
use proper spanners (wrenches), not some old adjustable. A socket or a ring is best. be careful to tighten the bolts just right, not so tight that the plate warps. (use the torque setting from the shop manual)

No comments:

Post a Comment