Saturday, November 20, 2010

I changed te EGR valve in my 05 dodge ram and the check engine light is still on does it need to be reset?

If it does need to be reset how do i reset it?I changed te EGR valve in my 05 dodge ram and the check engine light is still on does it need to be reset?
In order of preference;



1. Have it turned off with a code scanner.

2. Wait until the PCM sees the problem has been fixed (assuming it has been), and it will turn itself off. This may take a few drive cycles to occur.

3. Disconnect your battery for a while, and erase the code as well as everything else your computer has learned about how to run your truck properly, like long term fuel trim and such. Wait until it's running normal again before you play %26quot;I can beat the train to the crossing%26quot;.I changed te EGR valve in my 05 dodge ram and the check engine light is still on does it need to be reset?
YES, as amatter of fact I just had that done and it had to be re-set. I just cannot remember where %26amp; what my mechanic said about doing it, but it must have been an easy fix.

1 comment:

  1. Our Items are finest advertising at domestic market and exported to the nations around the world and locations such as U.S.A and Southeast Asia, immediately after Anix Establishedin 1988. We now have build revenue departments and after services places in huge and center cities in the course of China. We'll results in giving our fantastic quanlity warranty and greatest just after product sales assistance for our Anix manufacturing.Our company has actually been accredited according to ISO9001 and appraised as high quality kinds by Machanical Engineering Valve Supervision Bureau & Provinvial Testing Center in succesive yeras. Anix Valve USA

    ReplyDelete