Saturday, November 20, 2010

How much increase in mpg can I expect from changing my EGR Valve on a 1997 Neon?

My service engine soon light has been on for about a year now due to my EGR valve needing replaced. The valve will cost 100$ and 40$ to have in installed by a local shop. I'm currious how much this would effect my gas mileage? I'm seemingly getting btwn 20-25mpg now which is about norm for my vehicle. A 1997 2.0L Dodge Neon Highline DOHC. Is this worth replacing? Will it help on mileage that much?? Just looking for some advice. Thanks.How much increase in mpg can I expect from changing my EGR Valve on a 1997 Neon?
You might see some mileage increase, recycled exhaust gas has a reluctance to burn and is not the same but similar to running higher octane fuel I wouldn't expect much.How much increase in mpg can I expect from changing my EGR Valve on a 1997 Neon?
Changing the EGR will not effect your mileage. That is not what it does.

No comments:

Post a Comment