Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Egr insufficient flow 97' monte carlo 3.1 V6 LS?

I purchased a 97' monte carlo about 3 months ago i have gave it one oil change since I have owned the car. Everything ran great on it until recently. I was going about 60-65mph and it started like skipping in a way back and forth like it didn't want to go and i had to push the gas down more to make it stop. The check engine light came on and said egr insufficient flow. Also when i would push on the gas it would make a loud sound not normal. So I went and bought a EGR valve for my car. And it still did the back anf forth thing so do i need to clean out the pipe or something that is connected to the egr valve or what do i do. How do i clean it...with what? Now when i push on my gas it doesn't sound as loud and it sound normal. Also my anti lock is showing does that mean i need new brakes please help before my car goes. thank youEgr insufficient flow 97%26039; monte carlo 3.1 V6 LS?
Pull your air intake tube off your throttle body, then open the throttle plate. You more than likely will find your upper intake plenum coated in black carbon. If that is the case, remove the EGR where it bolts to the back of the plenum, and take a round wire brush to the port that goes through the upper plenum. Clear out as much carbon as you can and spray out the bottom of the EGR with carb cleaner. Put it all back together and then pull the PCV hose off the PCV valve and have someone keep the car running while you empty a can of carb cleaner through the PCV hose. This will clean out your cumbustion chamber. Drive it on the highway for about 30 minutes when you are done. It should fix this very well known common problem for you. You may want to replace the EGR gasket if you remove the EGR. Hope this helps, hasn't failed yet. I am doing my 3.4 engine tonight.
  • scene hair
  • scene hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment