Saturday, November 20, 2010

I have a 2007 dodge Ram 1500 hemi 5.7 with 45000,00 miles and the code says it is needing a egr valve?

it is missing and burning more gas. I am needing to know how to change it or where I can get some instructions. I am wanting to do it myself but can not find a chilton book on it.I have a 2007 dodge Ram 1500 hemi 5.7 with 45000,00 miles and the code says it is needing a egr valve?
the egr valve goes bad often in those trucks, replacing it usually fixes the problem its located on the passenger cylinder head towards the front ,it has a metal pipe the connects it to the intake. it has two 10mm bolts holding it to the head and two 8mm bolts that hold the pipe to the valve. easy to do in under 30 mins.I have a 2007 dodge Ram 1500 hemi 5.7 with 45000,00 miles and the code says it is needing a egr valve?
Codes just could indicate the circuit and not necessarily the exact part that need replacing. Check auto zone on line to see if you can access alldata for the information you need.

No comments:

Post a Comment